Turn your home into a harvest of coziness with these quick autumnal embellishments.
- Make the most of your mantel with dried wheat and berry arrangements in clear glass vases. Just head to your local crafts store or click over to Save On Crafts for endless decorating goodies. Gentle warning: This website is addictive—you can spend $200 on picture frames and lanterns before you know it.
- Nothing is easier than switching out your summery table linens. Turn up the fall vibe with napkins and table runners in earthy browns, oranges and yellows. Rattan placemats are always a smart basic—they can be used all year long.
- You know what's easy? Buying a few pots of yellow and orange mums at the supermarket and calling it a day. If you throw them in a terracotta pot, you can call yourself Martha. Feeling more ambitious? Treat yourself to some fresh sunflowers—they often last up to a week.
- Throwing a party? Collect pinecones (or better yet, don't move from your couch and buy them at SaveOnCrafts.com). Add glitter for some decorative bling. Country Living has some excellent ideas on adding a touch of autumn and the outdoors for your home.
- Finally, put your grapefruit-scented candles away until next summer and light up scents in cinnamon, sandalwood, bay leaf or sage. Close your eyes and snap, you're in a swanky country inn!