The Swanky Superbowl Party
Amp up your game on football’s big day with an elegant twist.
Leave the tailgate vibe in the parking lot. A beautiful home deserves a stylin’ Superbowl party.
New Homes in Kent County
Like football, Kent County in Delaware has an all-American vibe. The area is rich with historical sites—early development started in the 1670s. Fast forward to today: Our single-family homes are super affordable, and if you’re a sports lover, know that a Buffalo Wild Wings sports bar is right in the neighborhood. The early colonialists would have loved that place.
Decorate the Playing Field
- Forget the paper napkins. How about using cloth bandanas instead? Go multi-color or choose the colors of the playing teams.
- Place a few small vases of flowers around your television viewing area and tie ribbon—in team colors—around each vase.
- Instead of a typical table runner on your buffet, break out some Astroturf and cut it to size. You can find some at Home Depot.
- Want another green “field” idea? How about simple pots of wheatgrass on the buffet and coffee tables?
Fantasy Food Ideas
- Add some finesse to your Superbowl party food. Serve appetizers in martini glasses. Pasta salad with a grilled shrimp on top is easy, but looks like you worked hard.
- Whip up a themed drink. If Seattle is playing, perhaps a cocktail made with Blue Curacao? If Denver makes it, how about a Colorado Bulldog?
- Take standard fare to the next level. We can’t wait to make this guacamole with Stuffed Gorgonzola with homemade tortilla chips.
- Needless to say, if you go creative on the chicken wings, you’ll have instant fans. Epicurious has a guide to the ultimate chicken wings that features lots of excellent finger-licking Superbowl recipes.
- Make the usual store-bought items yourself. Football-shaped cookies with white “stitching” will definitely win you points.
Ryan Homes Question: What’s your favorite kind of Superbowl food?