5 Spring Cleaning Tips and Tricks
Save time with these spring cleaning shortcuts.
As we welcome the better weather, try these out-of-the-box spring-cleaning ideas to help your annual clean go a little smoother.
New Homes in Indianapolis
New construction is booming across Indianapolis. As one of America's fastest-growing cities, Indianapolis is known for its impressive art community and is home to several Fortune 500 companies. Metropolitan art, bluegrass and a burgeoning economy—who could ask for more? Explore our Indiana communities and find your new dream home. Start your search here.
1. Give it the cola clean. Coca cola is great for clearing up rings found in your toilet. The drink's citric acids will work wonders on your porcelain's surface. Let the soft drink sit overnight. When you wake up, give the surface a quick scrub then flush away the mess.
2. Filters for your windows. In addition to helping out your morning cup of joe, coffee filters are great for window cleaning. The thin paper is perfect for wiping, and leaves no residue behind.
3. Ten minutes to a tidy microwave. For a microwave-cleaning miracle, mix one cup of vinegar with one cup of hot water in a measuring cup or bowl. Place the mixture into the microwave, shut door and turn it on for ten minutes. Steam cleaning from the blend will break down those dried, hardened pieces that have stuck onto the walls of your microwave. When the time is up, remove the blend. Wipe away the residue with a damp cloth.
4. Leave no mark behind. There's nothing more frustrating than permanent marker on wood surfaces. But there is a cure. If you have some accidental graffiti on the baseboard, countertop, or table, turn to rubbing alcohol to fix the mischief. Moisten a cotton pad and rub gently—that should do the trick.
5. Slime your keyboards. Your computer keyboard is one of the biggest dust collectors in your entire house. Meet this problem head-on with a special mixture of borax, white glue, food coloring, and water. This creates a compound you can put on and then easily peel off. Those cracks and crevices won't know what hit it, but you will notice the difference.
Have favorite cleaning secret? Do tell.